Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Aaaaaaamen!


My little Bambino has started to develop quite a personality over the past few months.  There have been days that she wakes up and is in the most perfect mood and then there are days that Little Miss Hyde has appeared on the scene.  The really bad times are coming in the morning when she first wakes up.  er attMy husband has a theory that because I’ve been doing trying to do a little extra work at home, she is acting out more because she misses me. 

While I would love to believe that she misses me enough to be a rip-roaring terror upon sight of me in the morning, I just feel that she’s hitting the terrible twos.  So we decided to give his theory a try last night.  I didn’t do anything work related until she went to bed. 

We had the BEST time last night.  She was perfect.  We played and read and sang and danced and around bedtime settled into the chair for a goodnight show on the tv.  It was magical.  I rocked her for a while and put her in bed to go to sleep.  She gave me a big kiss, of course I melted.  This morning she woke up just a little while after I did.  I went in, said “Good morning!” and I held my breath.  For nothing.  Things seemed a LOT better.  The only time she gave me heck was at the breakfast table.  She didn’t want to sit and eat.  So I started making a game out of it, I said “Come on, baby girl you can do it!  Have a bite for Dada, for Mama, for Mema, for Grampie, for Bubba, have a bite for EVERYONE!!”  At the top of her lungs she shouts “Aaaaaaaaaamen!!!!” 

I did everything I could not to lose it right there.  This was one of the funniest things I think I have ever heard her say.  I’ve been chuckling about it off and on throughout the day.  What a wonderful morning I had with her. 

I’m not looking at this motherhood thing through rose colored glasses, I know we’re going to have many many bumps along the way.  But maybe just maybe this was a little cry out for Mama.  Maybe Dad’s theory wasn’t too far off.  Maybe it was just a way of saying, “Slow down, Mama – I need you, I just don’t how to say that yet.”  Either way...it worked.  I’m slowing down and spending more time with my family. 

To that - I quote my daughter – Aaaaaaaamen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! So long as they are not mean to another poster. If so, it'll be removed.