Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm angry

I'm angry this morning.  I've been angry all week.  It's a feeling that I cannot shake and I cannot get it out of my head.  

I'm sure there are 15000 blog posts about last Friday, I've seen quite a few.  I imagine people are just trying to get these thoughts out of their heads, trying to make sense of all that happened.  I was so very very sad.  That has turned now to anger.  

Maybe it's because everywhere I turn, there is coverage about the killer.  Maybe it's because even though the coverage is about the killer, the media and some folks I know are blaming the mother, blaming guns and gun owners, blaming God, blaming everything and everyone BUT the killer.  God didn't tell that sick sick filth to shoot them, neither did the gun.  Neither did his mother.  Neither did ANYONE except for himself.  Maybe it's because every single time I close my eyes, all I can picture are those childrens' faces when that man walked into their classroom.  What the HELL they must have been thinking just makes me want to lose my mind.  Maybe it's because my family and good neighbors dealt with a very very mentally ill woman (I am being kind) for almost a year and some of the things described in the killer sound exactly like her.  Maybe it's because these are all known issues in her and she's roaming free.  Maybe it's because these were all known issues in him and he was roaming free.  Crime or no crime, if you threaten the life of a child, you're finished.  Done.  You're no longer needed on this Earth as far as I'm concerned.  

Maybe it's because it's just too much to bear, too much to hear about.  No matter our opinions and we all have very many on the situation, we can all agree that this is just too much to bear.  Too much to hear about. This has to be one of the worst things I have watched play out in my life.  

If you've gotten to the end of this and are still with me, before you leave your home today, hug your family, each and every one of them.  If you have children, hug them a little tighter.  When I say "Treat everyone as if you'll never see them again."  I never even THINK about children leaving us when I say it - but it's the truth, we can all go to work today, and when we get home, our babies could be gone.  It's not anything any of us want to think about, but we have to.

Hug your husbands today.  Hug your wives today.  Hug your partners today.  Hug your friends today.  Hug your CHILDREN today.  Just a little harder.  

2 comments:

  1. Give Hers hugs from all of us this morning. Excellent post, Sis. Sad when the person who will be remembered the most from this is the killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth. I sure will and you do the same. XXOO

      Delete

Comments are welcome! So long as they are not mean to another poster. If so, it'll be removed.